December 21, 2008

The Best Christmas Unrequited Love Song Ever

So, who's kind of sick of Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You"? I am, I am! But still, you need a good Christmas love song to sing along with around this time of year, don't you? Ever since I saw Love, Actually in grade 12, I associate Christmas with unrequited love and all that stuff (Why the hell did the one character who ends up all alone have to be named Sarah?). Even in those years when I'm loving my love life, I love me a good heart-breaking Christmas ballad. I previously loved the Savage Garden song about giving your heart to that guy last Christmas, but "the very next day" he gave it away. Yeah, love that one! Well, now I have Lenka. She sings about giving you her heart for Christmas wrapped in "a ribbon and a bow" - adorable! I know, it sounds cheesy, but it's lovely. Give it a listen here.

No comments: