September 9, 2009

You Must Watch GLEE!

If you haven't watched Glee (on Global on wednesdays at 9 pm), you must! It's so good my housemate and I were actually sad when it ended tonight. Plus, Rachel, the president of Glee club and its most frequent soloist, is my new teen feminist hero. Rachel even tells the kids at Abstinence Club that their whole waiting thing is bullshit, and that when it comes to teen sex, "That's what contraception is for." She then shouts before leaving the room,"I'll let you in on a little secret; girls want sex just as much as guys do!" Sex-positive teen tv that promotes responsible sexuality is a good thing in my books. Plus, these kids can actually sing. Move over, High School Musical (Where the main characters don't even kiss until the third installment)! It's time for Glee!

2 comments:

Housemate said...

Yay! I'm "in the blog"! And yes, Glee date tomorrow. I will bring the wine and cheese!

rantsalamode said...

You are on. It's a date. I enjoy that this blog is now being used to schedule our household activities. Screw BBM. I will leave you messages her from now on...