August 6, 2009

My imaginary boyfriend from when I was 13 grows up...

(500) Days of Summer comes out tomorrow in North America (Because I still like in the UK, I have to wait, so I hate you fuckers for getting to see it first). Anyway, allow me to gloat for a second. When I was a 13-year old girl watching "Ten Things I Hate About You", one of the best teen movies of all time, I feel for Joseph Gordon-Levvit hard. My mother told me he was NOT the heart-throb and I had terribly taste in men. She told me I should lust after Heath Ledger instead, but I saw potential in Joseph instead. Now, years later, poor Heath tragically died too young from a life of confusion and excess, but my Joseph has weathered the storm and developed into a strapping, fine young man. He's filled out and he certainly can act. The best improvement is his voice - it's gotten so deep and sexy. When did that happen?

Here is the trailer if you have yet to see it and still need to be sold on this movie. I think it looks both edgy AND adorable. Love the ominous sounding narration and that Joseph's love-interest's nick name was "anal girl" in university. Must see this film but cannot because of the damn Atlantic ocean in my way. See it for me, please? Because, after all these years, Joseph is still my crush...

No comments: