May 31, 2009

I'm not calling you anorexic, but don't PRETEND you eat more than I do...

Okay, my favourite thing very thin models or actresses do (and not all do this) is when they talk about how much they eat. As in, when they say they "eat like a man" like Jessica Szhor did in a recent Men's Health article. She talked about a love of burgers and desserts, and well, I'm sure there are SOME women in the world who can eat whatever they want and stay thin. I'm not sure what medical conditions they would have, but I believe it's possible. I really do, but I highly doubt EVERY SINGLE ACTRESS IN HOLLYWOOD HAS IT. Could Paris Hilton, Leighton Meester, Demi Moore, Jane Fonda, Angelina Jolie, Jessica Biel, Courtney Cox, Amanda Bynes, Gwyneth Paltrow etc, etc. all really eat whatever they like, like they say, and still be decidedly skinnier than your average thin woman? I'm willing to accept that SOME of them can (though I don't know which ones), but it would be IMPOSSIBLE for ALL OF THEM TO BE, I firmly believe.

Why do they all have to pretend they aren't on diets? What is this conspiracy, that makes women who eat three healthy meals a day and indulge in unhealthy treats only occasionally (like me) feel bad? I work out and I eat pretty well and I'm still a size six, not a zero, so I resent hearing about people who say they eat like men but are probably on more restrictive diets than I am. Just admit you eat 1500 calories a day and do private pilates lessons six days a week to stay that thin. Please stop making me question whether I eat too much, because you say you eat like a man, and I'm assuming I must eat more than you, because you are decidedly thinner. Stop lying. If you don't want to talk about how you stay thin, then don't. I'm not making you, but don't lie and tell me you don't do ANYTHING to stay that way. Don't pretend working out is enough to be that thin. I work out, and it isn't even going to make me a size zero on its won...

No comments: