March 8, 2009

Addicted to Diet Pop

Diet pop has got to be the most addictive substance on the planet! This is all I have to say today. I have been trying to wean myself off of it because it is full of shitty chemicals. I got addicted originally because I hate coffee and my tongue is very sensitive so when I buy tea I can't drink it for half an hour because it's simply too hot for me. If I need a caffeine injection quickly, coke or pepsi are my only answers. Because I need this once or twice a day, I have to opt for diet or I'd get fat. But man, do those chemicals make me feel like crap when I have them all the time. My new strategy is just to drink green tea all the time and mix it with a bit of cold water so it's not too scalding for me, but the thing is, I need the diet pop! They put some crazy addictive chemicals in it (I think arsinic) so that you come back day after day. I didn't have any yesterday, but today I was shaky so badly from withdrawal that I caved and had some Coke Zero. This quitting thing is not going well.

Is anyone else here addicted to diet pop products? I figure, strength in numbers! No, I don't mean that we can help each other quit; I mean, it's class action lawsuit time! Who's with me?

1 comment:

Steph said...

I suffer from the same affliction, but I've gotten a lot better this year. Pop also kills your teeth. Anyways, let's consider our legal proceedings pending? haha