November 29, 2008

Join the Laineygossip Boycott for One Week!

Um, I love Lainey, but this is NOT cool! Calling Asian girls "emotionally stunted stuffed toys" is just plain racist. I don't care if you are ethnically Chinese, it's a sweeping generalization and an incredibly offensive one. I have plenty of Asian friends and acquaintances who were brought up in various parts of Asia who were not "raised" to be "emotionally stunted stuffed toys" but whose parents encouraged them to go to world-class universities like LSE and Cornell. Orientalism is not cool. I don't care who you are. The fact that Lainey is asian herself does not give her the authority to make racist proclamations about billions of people from numerous different countries, most of which I;m willing to bet she's never visited. So, Lainey, your punishment from me is I am boycotting your site for one week. I know that's not a huge deal, but I want your ad revenues to go down so you notice you've offended people. Who's with me? Boycott Lainey for one week! Don't let her be blatantly racist without repercussion!

So, Lainey, please stop being so blatantly racist, because I like reading you and don't want to have to stop. You are one of the most feminist-friendly sources of smut on the web, and I appreciate that about you, but blatant racism is most certainly NOT feminist in my books...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually so confused! Where did Lainey say that Asian girls were retarded? Did she re-word her post or something???

rantsalamode said...

Follow the link at the start of the post. IT's there.