July 30, 2008

Humour

Stupid Things People Have Said to Me Upon Hearing that I'm a Feminist:

Pretty blonde former co-worker: Really?

~

Guy With Really Thick eyebrows: Sorry.

Me: Um, "sorry" for what?

Guy: For being a man.

~
Cute Blonde Girl: Wait, do you like guys?

~
Old history teaching man: But feminists in North America today have nothing to fight for, they are just complaining....

~
Artsy girl I know: I point out stuff that happens to women that I think is wrong, but, like I'm not a feminist.

~
Girl Who went to BSS: Oh, I'm not a feminist at all!

~

Pretty female law student: Oh, I hate feminists! Feminism bothers me. Well, I like "Sex and the City Style Feminism."

~

Blandly cute guy I met at a party: Really? Do you know so-and-so (names totally random and obscure individual). She's a feminist too!

~
When I think about these comments, I really don't know whether to laugh or to cry...

No comments: